Simon & Schuster Canada is the exclusive Canadian distributor for Simon & Schuster books and audio. We provide all sales, marketing and distribution for Simon & Schuster's imprints in the Canadian marketplace. Our adult imprints include Simon & Schuster, Scribner, The Free Press, Touchstone Fireside, Atria, Pocket Books, Simon Spotlight Entertainment, Howard Books and Simon & Schuster Audio. Our children's imprints include Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers, Margaret K. McElderry, Atheneum, Aladdin, Beach Lane Books, Simon Pulse and Simon Spotlight. We also represent titles from Simon & Schuster UK and distributed imprints from: Baen, Baseball America, Black Library / Games Workshop / Solaris , Cardoza Publishing, Chicken Soup , Cider Mill Press, Merck Publishing, Open Road/Cold Spring Press, Peterson’s, VIZ and World Almanac Simon & Schuster is a global leader in the field of general interest publishing, and is dedicated to providing a diverse range of quality books across a wide variety of genres and printed, audio and digital formats to readers worldwide.
Simon & Schuster Canada, a division of the CBS Corporation, one of the world’s premier media companies, prides itself on its culture of innovation, inclusion, success and the spirit and professionalism of its employees. With career choices relating to sales, marketing, publicity and administrative aspects of publishing, we offer exciting opportunities for those ready to contribute, learn and grow in a positive and energetic environment.
Simon & Schuster Canada continues to provide exciting employment opportunities for motivated individuals eager to learn about publishing and gain valuable “hands-on” experience.
All applicants should:
• Be a graduate college/university student from a book publishing course or have a demonstrated interest in publishing with related experience (i.e., bookstore employee or school newsletter staff, etc.).
• Possess excellent interpersonal, verbal/written communication skills, computer and organizational abilities
How to apply Forward your resume and cover letter specifying your area of interest (sales, marketing, publicity, or administration) to
The Simon & Schuster Marketing and Sales Internship Award As a commitment to excellence in marketing and sales within the Canadian book industry, Simon & Schuster Canada is proud to offer a unique three-month Internship Award each September to one graduate from each of the Humber College and Simon Fraser University Book Publishing Programs. This award includes a paid internship of $5,000 at Simon & Schuster Canada and a one-week placement in our head office at Rockefeller Centre in New York. Eligibility is based on the successful completion of the program and a demonstrated aptitude in the sales and marketing of books. For more information on the Book Publishing Immersion Program at Simon Fraser University, please contact Suzanne Norman at Pubworks@sfu.ca or for the Creative Book Publishing Program at Humber, your contact isCynthia Good at Cynthia.Good@humber.ca
My internship at Simon and Schuster Canada was a phenomenal learning experience, as well as being a lot of fun. The entire staff at S&S Canada was so welcoming and generous with their knowledge and enthusiasm that it was the best real-world publishing course I can imagine. I will always be grateful I was granted this incredible opportunity. —Zsofi Koller
As an intern at Simon and Schuster Canada, I entered the book publishing industry with the privilege of gaining real experience in varied fields. Set in an environment which thrives on innovation and surrounded by people who are excited to share their knowledge, I was able to learn a great deal about the industry and the company, while developing my own interests and aptitudes. This internship is designed for anyone whose love of books drives their desire to be in the forefront of Canadian book publishing. — Loretta Eldridge
Simon & Schuster Canada offers a competitive benefits program which includes: Medical; Dental; Life Insurance; Long Term Disability; Accidental Death & Dismemberment and company Pension Plan. We also offer a variety of resources and services to our employees through our Employee Assistance Program.
Eco-Friendly Practices at Simon & Schuster Canada
• “Green Team” identifies and addresses ways to be more eco-friendly in day-to-day business activity
• Participates in the S&S eBook reader manuscript initiative which replaces photocopied manuscripts
• Utilizes car pools to transport staff from downtown Toronto to its GTA office location
• Makes extensive use of webcast, video and teleconferencing capability to significantly reduce the overall travel requirement of the division.
• Phased replacement of desktop CRT monitors with energy efficient LCD flat panel monitors
• All desktop/laptop users log off every evening
• Printers, photocopiers and all peripherals are shut down each night
• Have replaced disposable plates, cups, etc., with china and flatware in the kitchen area
• Follows sound recycling procedures in its offices
• Adheres to environmentally friendly means of disposing of computers/batteries
• Uses recycled copier paper
• All waste paper and cardboard are recycled