Plus, receive recommendations and exclusive offers on all of your favorite books and authors from Simon & Schuster.
Now fully revised and updated to reflect the changing developments in obstetrics, The New Well Pregnancy Book is the best and most comprehensive book available for expectant parents. Written by Mike Samuels, M.D., and Nancy Samuels, authors of the bestselling Well Baby Book and Well Child Book, The New Well Pregnancy Book covers the physical and emotional stages of pregnancy, labor, and delivery, including information on:
* RELAXATION AND NATURAL CHILDBIRTH TECHNIQUES
* THE MOTHER'S EXPERIENCE OF LABOR AND DELIVERY
* CESAREAN SECTION, PREGNANCY IN WOMEN OVER 35, AND HIGH-RISK PREGNANCIES
* BREASTFEEDING -- HOW TO PREPARE AND HOW TO GET STARTED
* FULL INFORMATION ON THE EFFECTS OF NUTRITION, EXERCISE, SEX, SMOKING, CAFFEINE, DRUGS, AND ENVIRONMENTAL SUBSTANCES DURING PREGNANCY
The New Well Pregnancy Book also contains the latest information on the new prenatal tests and medical procedures, and the changing attitudes and preferences of new mothers, all in the down-to-earth, accessible style that the authors are known for. Their ultimate goal is to give parents a positive view of pregnancy and childbirth and help them experience the joys of this wonderful time.