Request an Author Appearance
What Happens Next?
Your request will be forwarded to the author/illustrator for consideration. In some cases, the author/illustrator will contact you directly to follow-up.
- If the author/illustrator declines your request:
- You will be notified either by the author/illustrator, or the publisher, at which time other options can be explored.
- If the author/illustrator accepts your request and the request is being handled through the publisher:
- The publisher will send to both you and the author/illustrator a written confirmation letter. This will include contact information for both you and the author/illustrator, the date and general format of the appearance, type of audience and honorarium. In addition to the letter, you will receive book ordering information and a sampling of any available promotional materials we have for that author/illustrator.
- Once the appearance is arranged, you will be in direct contact with the author/illustrator to coordinate travel/hotel arrangements and any equipment necessary for his or her presentation. Please use the contact information on the confirmation letter to finalize all such arrangements with the author/illustrator soon after you receive it.