Get our latest staff recommendations, Indie Next picks and exclusive offers of ARCs and galleys right to your inbox.
Rich with insight and awareness, Recovery explores the secrets, fears, hopes and issues that confront adult children of alcoholics. Authors and widely respected therapists and ACOA workshop leaders Herbert Gravitz and Julie Bowden detail in a clear question-and-answer format the challenges of control and inadequacy that ACOAs face as they struggle for recovery and understanding, stage-by-stage: Survival
* Emergent Awareness
* Core Issues
If you feel troubled by your post, Recovery will start you on the path of self-awareness, as it explores the searching questions adult children of alcoholics seek to hove answered:
* How con I overcome my need for control?
* Do all ACOAs ploy the some kind of roles in the family?
* How do I overcome my fear of intimacy?
* What is all-or-none functioning?
* How can ACOAs maintain self-confidence and awareness after recovery?
* How do ACOAs handle the family after understanding its influence?
* And many other important questions about your post, family and feelings.
Written with warmth, joy and real understanding, Recovery will inspire you to meet the challenges of the post and overcome the obstacles to your happiness.