"I cannot remember the last time I read a book this immediate, intense, gripping, taut, terrifying, moving and brilliant. Only 243 pages long but I'm not sure I could have taken it being even a page longer, the tension was so agonizing . . . It deserves to be number one, it deserves to be a huge movie, it deserves to win awards. My book of the year, and it's only February. Bravo, Will Dean."
– Lisa Jewell, #1 New York Times bestselling author of INVISIBLE GIRL
"I could not stop reading this! Brilliantly done . . . I’m awestruck!"
– Denise Mina, internationally bestselling author of THE LESS DEAD
"This outstanding thriller by Will Dean might be the best book you read this year. THE LAST THING TO BURN is intense, dark, and utterly chilling — I felt this one in my bones."
– Jennifer Hillier, award-winning author of JAR OF HEARTS and LITTLE SECRETS
“I couldn't put it down. A visceral nightmare of a book with one of the most evil villains I've come across in a long time. Powerful writing.”
– Steve Cavanagh, award-winning author of THE DEFENSE
“Ratchets up the tension to the point where I had to check my pulse.”
– Liz Nugent, critically-acclaimed author of LITTLE CRUELTIES
“A heart-racing exploration about human survival. An addictive and insightful thriller.”
– Maxine Mei-Fung Chung, critically-acclaimed author of THE EIGHTH GIRL
– Elly Griffiths, internationally bestselling author of THE LANTERN MEN
"Compelling. A well-written domestic thriller."
– Mystery & Suspense Magazine
"A story of pain and survival that I almost guarantee will stay with you long after you close the book."
– Men Reading Books
"Outstanding and heart-wrenching . . . . Dean explores the resilience of the human spirit, even in the face of unfathomable evil. This harrowing journey is one worth taking."
– Publishers Weekly (starred review)
"This is the type of book that shakes readers to the core and becomes a touchstone reference in the years that follow."
– Bolo Books