Get our latest staff recommendations, classroom reading guides and discover assets for your stores and social media channels. Receive the Children’s Bookseller newsletter to your inbox when you sign up, plus more from Simon & Schuster.If you are an independent bookseller in the U.S. and would like to be added to our independent bookseller newsletter, please email email@example.com
The Swayze Year
You're Not Old, You're Just Getting Started!
Table of Contents
About The Book
Did you know that Patrick Swayze was 35 when he got his big break in Dirty Dancing? The Swayze Year is an entertaining and inspiring humor book that proves you’re never too old to reach your potential.
The Swayze Year celebrates later-in-life wins with short profiles of one person for every year from age 35 to age 100 who climbed mountains—metaphorical and literal—wrote their own storylines, and found their happy little trees at a more mature age. With wit, humor, and warmth, The Swayze Year proves that no matter how old you are, you’re not done yet. Featured profiles include:
- Toni Morrison published her debut novel, The Bluest Eye, at age 39
- At 41, Bob Ross became the beloved host of The Joy of Painting
- Judi Dench first achieved international fame for her role in Goldeneye at age 61
- At 84, Iris Apfel and her unique style were showcased by the Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Pinetop Perkins became the oldest person to win a Grammy at age 97
- Publisher: Andrews McMeel Publishing (September 12, 2023)
- Length: 145 pages
- ISBN13: 9781524875114
Browse Related Books
Resources and Downloads
More to Explore
Our Summer Reading Recommendations
Red-hot romances, poolside fiction, and blockbuster picks, oh my! Start reading the hottest books of the summer.
This Month's New Releases
From heart-pounding thrillers to poignant memoirs and everything in between, check out what's new this month.