Get our latest staff recommendations, classroom reading guides and discover assets for your stores and social media channels. Receive the Children’s Bookseller newsletter to your inbox when you sign up, plus more from Simon & Schuster.If you are an independent bookseller in the U.S. and would like to be added to our independent bookseller newsletter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Table of Contents
About The Book
It's a familiar story: In spite of the obstacles put in her way by her wicked stepmother, Ella goes to the ball, sweeps Prince Charming off his feet, and is chosen to be his bride. Now she's comfortably ensconced in the palace, awaiting marriage to the man of her dreams. It's happily ever after time, right?
Wrong! Life for Ella has become an endless round of lessons and restrictions; even worse, Prince Charming turns out to be more like Prince Boring. Why can't she talk with him the way she can with Jed, her earnest young tutor?
Slowly, Ella comes to realize she doesn't want the life she fought so hard to win. But breaking her engagement proves more difficult -- and dangerous -- than escaping her stepmother's tyranny.
About The Illustrator
- Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (August 1, 2001)
- Length: 240 pages
- ISBN13: 9780689831287
- Grades: 5 - 9
- Ages: 10 - 14
- Lexile ® 850L The Lexile reading levels have been certified by the Lexile developer, MetaMetrics®
- Fountas & Pinnell™ Y These books have been officially leveled by using the F&P Text Level Gradient™ Leveling System
Browse Related Books
Awards and Honors
- ALA Best Books For Young Adults
- ALA Quick Picks for Reluctant Young Adult Readers
- Popular Paperbacks for Young Adults
- ABA Pick of the Lists
- Choose to Read Ohio Booklist Selection
- ALA Popular Paperbacks for Young Adults - Top Ten
Resources and Downloads
High Resolution Images
Book Cover Image (jpg): Just Ella
Trade Paperback 9780689831287(2.0 MB)
Author Photo (jpg): Margaret Peterson Haddix
The Backstage Studio(3.3 MB)
Any use of an author photo must include its respective photo credit
More books in this series: The Palace Chronicles
More to Explore
Our Summer Reading Recommendations
Red-hot romances, poolside fiction, and blockbuster picks, oh my! Start reading the hottest books of the summer.
This Month's New Releases
From heart-pounding thrillers to poignant memoirs and everything in between, check out what's new this month.